Sunday 17 February 2013

Stamping on ribbon for Valentine


For this Valentine's card I tried stamping with white pigment ink on satin ribbon. Here is a tipp for those of you thinking of doing the same: As the ink was soaked up into the fabric, the image was a little faint, but it became a lot crisper after using white detail embossing powder on it.

The letters in the patterned hearts in the centre of the card read the word Love. Although I used red ink, it showed up as dark pink on the white piece of cardstock - I guess my ink pad is getting a bit old. I rescued it by overstamping it with clear ink and using clear embossing powder: the "wet look" made it appear red, finally...!

I embellished it with a raffia ribbon which I untwisted after tying it into a bow. Lesson learned here: Next time I'm definitely going to use a punch tool for the holes.

Challenges:
DRS Designs Ch. #59 ("Love");

2 comments:

Shelia said...

I really like your embossed hearts on the ribbon. Very pretty Valentine! Thanks for joining us at DRS Designs this week!

Karin said...

How sweet! Love all your little valentine hearts and the traditional colors! Thanks so much for playing along at DRS Designs!