Saturday, 28 March 2009

Black woman brooch card


Today I finally got round to making a card with this lovely brooch - I had been looking forward to that! It can be removed from the card to be used for its original purpose. As usual, I have bought not just one but quite a few of these brooches. I am intending to make sample cards for my whole stash, so keep watching this space if you like jewellery cards.

The background is textured with a piece of flocked fabric with a gold shimmer. For the picture frame, I have embossed brown card, filed away the brown layer on the embossing and applied a light layer of bronze acrylic paint on the whole card. The background for the lady is a piece of matt gold paper.

5 comments:

Ann said...

oh I love your brooch. I have made cards in the past with earrings and necklaces on for my daughters,but I've not used a brooch yet. Your brooch is stunning and makes a superb centre piece for the card. Brilliant .
Ann xxx
http://thepinkelephantchallenge.blogspot.com

Carol said...

This is fabulous! what a great idea :)
Thank you for joining in the fun at TPE this week....hope to see you again :)

Hugs
Carol x

Sonia said...

Thanks for your comments. I will leave a message on my new blog http://shana0780.canalblog.com/

Robin said...

What a pretty card! The brooch is lovely! Thanks for joining us at TPE this week.

Ashley M said...

beautiful card! love how you used the embossing technique! thanks for playing along with CMC again this week!