Saturday 22 November 2008

Another way to present a card


... on a photo - this is something I wanted to improve for a while now, noticing that although frontal shots probably provide a maximum of information, they can be boring to look at, especially if many pictures are taken from the same perspective.

So today I chose an angle from the side rather than showing the front of the card. I knew that this can be a great way to show off threedimensional embellishments - that was the plan!

However I was surprised to find that I can also use this perspective to let a viewer enjoy the curvy lines spreading out in front of their eyes, rather than just taking in the layout at one glance. It is a more emotional way to present a card.

The best thing is that the effect of the close up, odd angle perspective even works on people who know about the psychology behind it - just like advertising!

No comments: